The Children's Hospital Newborn Voucher Program is an exclusive partnership between The Mother Baby Center, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Children's Theatre Company. If you had a baby in 2014 at Abbott Northwestern or Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in Minneapolis, you can register here and we will keep your ticket voucher on file for when you are ready to redeem. The voucher is good for five years after your child's birth.
- The language young children hear impacts their literacy development.
- Trained performers use high quality, colorful language, broadening a child’s vocabulary.
- When a child enters preschool, prior language development is essential as a child doubles their vocabulary in this time.
- Seeing live theatre together introduces your child to emotions and feelings and promotes “talk."
- Seeing characters resolve conflicts demonstrates problem-solving skills and social interaction.
- Sharing thought and ideas about this experience creates understanding between parent and child.
- High quality play is the fuel for all intellectual development for young children. In it, they explore concepts, relationships and ideas and begin to better understand the world around them.
- Role-playing develops narrative and storytelling skills essential in brain development.
- Live actors model the use of scenery, props and costumes to represent characters and setting which exhibits positive behavior for children.