Senior Intensive: Carrie: The Musical (Grades 9 – 12)
When high school outcast Carrie White is invited to the prom by varsity athlete Tommy Ross, she thinks her dream has come true. But this evening to remember becomes a living nightmare when betrayal and humiliation sparks Carrie’s fury into a telekinetic storm that destroys everything in its path. Based on Stephen King’s novel and one of America’s most banned books, Carrie: the Musical explores bullying, feminism, and the problems that arise when confusing pity for empathy.
Senior Intensive provides students with demanding material that seeks to challenge them as artists, educate them in a professional setting, and inspire them to be active voices in their community.
July 8 – August 11
Full Day (10am – 5pm for five weeks)
Financial Aid Available
August 9 and 10 at 7pm
August 10 and 11 at 3pm
Tuesday, March 26 from 4:30 – 7:30pm
Wednesday, March 27 from 4:30 – 7:30pm
Thursday, March 28 from 4:30 – 7:30pm
- Students will audition individually and should dress to move.
- The audition will include a group dance call.
- Students should be prepared to sing 32 bars of a contemporary, pop-rock musical theatre song (not from Carrie). Please bring sheet music prepared for the accompanist.
- Students should prepare and memorize a one-minute monologue from a play. Students may be asked to read from sides.
- All students auditioning for the Senior Intensive Carrie: The Musical will also be considered for the Senior Showcase Cyrano; there is no need to sign up for multiple audition slots.
Saturday, March 30 from 10am – 2pm
Full year program (by audition only, when entering Grade 9)
This four-year program prepares young actors for college and professional theatre careers. Highlights include intensive acting and musical theatre training with industry professionals, an annual spring showcase, mainstage audition opportunities, mentorship from Peter Brosius and other CTC artists, college audition preparation and a capstone project tailored to students' strengths and learning goals.
For complete information, click here.
Annual Tuition: $2000 | Financial Aid Available
Includes: Fall and Winter Cohort Acting Class, one elective (to be taken fall, winter, spring, or summer), and the spring showcase
Class Days and Times:
Auditions for our Class of 2023 (students entering Grade 9 in Fall of 2019)
For Institute, you will be auditioning individually and in a group. Come dressed to move and bring a water bottle. Please prepare and memorize a one-minute monologue from a play. Actors may be given some direction and asked to perform their monologue several times.
Auditions for our Class of 2023 (Grade 9 in Fall 2019) will be May 20 from 5:30 – 6:30pm. Additional audition times for the fall will be announced at a later date.