Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kimberly Motes, Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is the world’s leading theatre for young people and their families and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the regional Tony Award, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
As a national leader in the field of theater for young audiences, Children’s Theatre Company is dedicated to increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future when our theatre is a home for all people, all families, reflective of our community.
Information on Internships can be found here.
Development Data Assistant
Position Title: CARPENTER/DRAFTSPERSON
Reports to: Technical Director
The Carpenter/Draftsperson works in the scene shop producing the scenic elements for all CTC productions and drafts construction drawings to be used by the carpenters/welders to build and install scenic elements.
- Drafting: Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2010 and theatrical drafting.
- Carpentry: Framing, finishing and detail work.
- Welding: MIG process, gas cutting and brazing.
- Sculpting: Foam and woodcarving, texture work.
- Stitching: Drops, layout, cutting and sewing of fabric.
- Rigging:Cable make-up, maintenance, hanging of scenery, special projects.
- Load-in: Installation of scenery, and storage.
- Electrical/mechanical: Build and/or repair of general theatre equipment.
- 3 years or more of experience in regional theater or commercial scenery production, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Working knowledge of basic scenic carpentry, welding, rigging, sewing, hydraulics, pneumatics, and theatrical automation including the following tools and their accessories: radial arm saw, table saw, band saw, cold saw, planer, jointer, drill press, miter box, wood lathe, router, sanders, MIG welding equipment, sewing machine, electrical and pneumatic power hand tools.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010 or later, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of standard theatrical construction drafting techniques.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of safe work practices to reduce the risk of injury.
- Requires flexibility, creative problem solving skills, clear communication skills, and the ability to build positive working relationships.
Seasonal full time hourly. Includes comprehensive benefits plan. Position included in collective bargaining agreement with IATSE Local 13, AFL-CIO
Position open until filled. Start date flexible.
To apply, email letter of interest and resume, in pdf format, with “Carpenter/Draftsperson” in the subject line to
Ellen Baker, Production Manager, at email@example.com
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Data Assistant. This is a regular full-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, 8 paid holidays and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
The Development Coordinator will support the fundraising efforts of Children’s Theatre Company through management of the donor database and general administrative support for the development team. This position is expected to ensure that all donor information and fundraising related activities are accurately recorded in Tessitura. This includes timely and efficient data entry, verification, and reporting on the database. The Development Coordinator will be one of the development department’s key power users for Tessitura and will serve as a source of knowledge and expertise about the database. The position will be responsible for training other development staff on Tessitura/Wealth Engine use. A core responsibility of the position includes continually evaluating and improving data related processes.
Data Management/ Coordination
- Ensure integrity/accuracy of database records and system functionality by serving as department data leader:
- Set guidelines and systems for department regarding data entry and data usage.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain centralized procedures for data management and reporting.
- Determine business rules for Tessitura. Communicate business rules to team and enforce use of them.
- Attend all Tessitura user meetings to advocate for ongoing projects and trainings.
- Verify accuracy of donor data in database: address changes, contact updates, coding changes and other data entry.
- Serve as key development contact for Tessitura working team-one of a few theatre-wide “super” users
- Manage development office intersection with IT and act as liaison between development and accounting.
- Develop, execute and refine process for:
- Gift entry and gift entry through batch process.
- Preparing deposits and reconciling results with accounting department.
- Tracking pledges and generating regular pledge reminders.
- Creating campaign structures in Tessitura, including upkeep of gift map.
- Communicate with donors when there are questions about gifts or pledges
- Serve as key department contact with outside vendors related to data issues in Tessitura and Wealth Engine.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of data and proprietary information.
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
- Provide general office support for the Director of Development and the development team.
- Schedule team meetings
- Perform routine clerical tasks; copying, faxing, filing, ordering office supplies
- Initiate and track purchase orders, tracking office expenses and budget
- File donor correspondence and documentation in a timely manner
- Other miscellaneous tasks
- Prepare reports and other documents as requested
- Serve as one of a few key Tessitura users for development team.
- Maintain accurate donor records and provide updated information for database reporting.
- Track donor moves and touches in Tessitura.
- Serve as a member of the overall development team by collaborating with colleagues on donor strategies.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the implementation of fundraising events such as Curtain Call Ball/Backstage Bash, Business and Arts Series and other stewardship and cultivation events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two years’ database experience.
- Experience entering data and creating queries and reports in databases.
- Accurate data entry skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of computer database administration
- Knowledge of effective research techniques using the internet and other databases
- Skills in managing multiple sources of information concurrently
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on time and with accuracy
- Mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidential information and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Detailed-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, critical thinker with the ability to problem-solve
- Abides by AFP Code of Ethics, Charities Review Council Standards and related standards
- Proficiency and experience with information technology and basic accounting principles
Andrew Robertson – Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the job or jobs to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
We are committed to diversity in the workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any employment decision on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. We do require a full background check for all of our employees.