Weekday Student Matinee Rush
Reservations for Student Matinee performances are limited to educational groups of 10+.
The following groups cannot make reservations, but are welcome to try to purchase Rush Tickets to a Student Matinee performance:
- Groups of fewer than 10
- Parents who aren’t acting as field trip chaperones
- Members of the public
To purchase rush tickets, visit the CTC Ticket Office as early as 9:30am on the day of the 10:30am performance you wish to attend. If tickets are available, they can be purchased for $15 each, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please be aware of the following:
- Rush tickets are subject to availability. CTC is almost always able to accommodate a few rush tickets per Student Matinee, but cannot guarantee it as priority goes to school groups.
- It is unusual for school groups to check in with 100% attendance. For that reason, CTC is usually able to make some rush tickets available during the Check In process, even for sold out performances.
- If you are parent hoping to be seated with your child’s school group, CTC strongly recommends arriving at CTC before your child’s school is scheduled to arrive. Ushers do not save seats for anyone who is not present when a group is seated.
- If you want to know whether rush tickets are likely to be available, you are welcome to inquire a day or two before the performance you hope to attend by calling CTC’s Student Matinee Coordinator at 612.872.5166.
Weekday Student Matinee Ticketing Policies
- Submission of a Ticket Request Form is not a guarantee of a reservation. If CTC is able to accommodate your request, a Reservation Confirmation & Invoice will be sent via email within two weeks.
- If you do not receive a Reservation Confirmation & Invoice email within two weeks, please contact CTC’s Student Matinee Coordinator at 612.872.5166 to ensure your order went through.
- A minimum group size of 10 is required to make and maintain a reservation for a Weekday Student Matinee performance.
Final Numbers/Cancellation Deadline:
- You may drop seats from your reservation or cancel altogether until Final Numbers/Cancellation Deadline, six weeks prior to performance.
- After Final Numbers/Cancellation deadline passes, you are responsible for payment for all seats in your reservation.
- Final numbers due immediately upon reservation if made within six weeks of performance.
- Payment is due four weeks prior to performance via check, credit card, or cash.
- Reservations unpaid upon deadline may be released at CTC’s discretion.
- Payment due immediately upon reservation if made within four weeks of performance.
- Returned ISF checks will be charged a service fee of $30. Future orders from that organization must be paid by credit card or cash.
- All Student Matinee sales are final. Paid tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges for unused tickets. CTC does not provide refunds or vouchers for anyone absent on the day of performance.
CTC does not require a paid deposit to make Student Matinee reservations; however, groups that violate Final Numbers/Cancellation and/or Payment Deadlines may be required to make payment immediately upon reservation or lose Student Matinee eligibility.
Student Matinees are intended as an affordable educational opportunity for school-aged children and their educators. Student Matinees are not intended as a cheaper alternative to public performances for family groups.
Weather cancellation policy:
- CTC does not issue refunds if your school/district closes due to weather or fails to attend your scheduled performance for any reason.
- Refunds will be issued only if CTC cancels a performance. A Weekday Student Matinee performance will be canceled by 7:00 a.m. only if one of the following events has occurred:
- A state of emergency has been declared.
- CTC does not have power and/or heat.
- Minneapolis Public Schools have canceled school due to cold/weather.
- MNDOT has pulled plows off the road due to unsafe driving conditions.
- Metro Transit has suspended bus service due to unsafe driving conditions.
If a Weekday Student Matinee performance were canceled, CTC’s decision would be made by 7:00am. CTC's Student Matinee Coordinator would make every effort to inform Group Lead at the email address and phone number provided in your original Ticket Request.
Lunch Space Reservation Policies
CTC offers a limited number of lunch space reservations for schools that come from a great distance, schools combining a trip to CTC with a trip to Mia, or schools that will miss lunch while at CTC.
The lunch space, located in our lobbies, allows for a picnic-style lunch on the floor. CTC does not provide tables, chairs, or refrigeration. Garbage cans are provided.
Lunch space reservation fee: $25 (nonrefundable)
Request lunch space when you request tickets by phone or online. Lunch reservations are limited to 250 people (Target Lobby)/115 people (Cargill Lobby) and are therefore not guaranteed for every group.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the theatre. (Please inform an usher if you or a student have a health concern.)
- Concessions are not available for purchase during Weekday Student Matinees.
- The lunch space is available for 45 minutes immediately following your performance.
- School groups must use the trash bins designated by the theatre to dispose of all trash before leaving the space.
- For the health and safety of people with severe allergies, please ask everyone in your party to pack a lunch that is nut free.