Ticket Request Policies:
- The minimum group size to attend a Weekday Student Matinee at 10:30 a.m. is 10+. Your group must be an educational group made up of students.
- If we are able to accommodate your request, a Student Matinee Reservation Confirmation and Invoice will be sent via e-mail within 5 business days. Please call 612.872.5166 if you do not receive your confirmation within 1 week.
- Submission of a Ticket Request Form is NOT a guarantee of a reservation.
- By submitting a Ticket Request with CTC you have agreed to the following policies and are responsible for confirming your final numbers and submitting payment.
Final Numbers and Payment Policies:
- Final Numbers will be due 6 weeks prior to your scheduled performance.
- Additional tickets are subject to availability
- Your order can be cancelled up until 6 weeks prior to the date of your performance.
- After the 6 week point no tickets may be dropped. (If this date falls on or near a holiday for your school, you are still responsible for confirming the final number of tickets by this date.
- Final Payment will be due 4 weeks prior to your scheduled performance. No refunds are given for unused tickets as we are unable to resell them.
- If a reservation is made less than 6 weeks before a performance final numbers and payment are due upon reservation.
Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policies:
During inclement weather, allow extra travel time, as the Theatre does not cancel or delay performances due to weather.
- We do not provide exchanges or refunds.
- All sales are final. There are no compensations for absent students or adults.
- For CTC to cancel a 10:30 a.m. Student Matinee performance one of the following events have occurred:
- A state of emergency has been declared
- CTC does not have power and/or heat
- MNDOT has pulled their plows off the road due to unsafe driving conditions
- Metro Transit has suspended bus service due to unsafe driving conditions
- Minneapolis Public Schools have cancelled school
Our decision will be made by 7:00 am and you will be receiving an email and phone call shortly thereafter from our Student Matinee Coordinator.
Who can attend a student matinee?
Any educational group of 10+ made up of students. Preschools, Graduate schools, home schools, daycares, and ECFE are all eligible groups. For a complete list of qualifying schools please contact Emily Joan Smith, Student Matinee Coordinator at 612.872.5166.
Where do I go when we arrive?
Buses may unload in the turnaround driveway on 3rd Ave. Please have your students and chaperones remain on the bus. The Group Lead needs to first check-in at the Student Matinee Check-In window (located on the first level to the left of the entrance) and present your final count for the day to receive your Group Check-In Pass.
What if everyone in my group is not present for check-in?
Your group will not be seated until everyone is present to check in. We recommend remaining downstairs, in the granite lobby, by the ticket office until your group lead has checked in and received your Group Check-In Pass.
What if someone in my group arrives late?
Everyone in your group must be present for check-in. Tickets cannot be left at the ticket office. Seats cannot be saved. Late arrivals will be seated at the discretion of the Theatre management.
When will we be seated once upstairs in the Target Lobby?
Groups are seating in the order that their Group Check-In Pass is presented to the Check-In Usher. As the group lead once you have your Group Check-in Pass please have your students unload the bus and proceed upstairs in a SINGLE FILE LINE. Wait at the top of the stairs for the Check-In Usher and they will lead you to the entrance to the theatre in a single file line to be seated.
Does everyone in my group need a ticket?
Yes. Everyone coming to the theatre must purchase a ticket regardless of age or position. Your group will have to have a "final head count" on the day of the show in order to check in.
Does my infant need a ticket?
Yes. For productions on the UnitedHealth Group Stage Lap Passes are available for children ages 3 and under. For productions on the Cargill Stage Lap Passes are available for children 18 months and younger.
Can my group sit together?
Student Matinees are general admission. We do our best to keep groups together but cannot guarantee that they won't be split between rows. We understand certain chaperones need to be with certain students, and for this reason we recommend spreading chaperones out amongst students. Seats cannot be saved. Please take the seats the ushers provide and allow them to direct the students to the seats.
Can we meet the actors?
There will be a 10-15 minute "Post-Show Artist Talk Back" session following the Student Matinee performances, with one actor and one crew person. You are welcome to stay, but it is not required.
Can we eat lunch there?
Yes. Lunch Space can be reserved on your original StudeTicket Request Form. We recommend providing your own lunch. The theatre does not provide concessions during the Student Matinee performance. Please see the Lunch Reservations tab for more information. There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee to use the lunch space.
What if there is a storm?
During inclement weather, please allow extra travel time as the Theatre does not cancel or delay performances due to weather. If you are unable to attend your performance due to weather there are no refunds or exchanges. Please see Refunds, Cancellations, and Ticket Policies tab for more information.
Guidelines and Application
To reserve Lunch Space following a Student Matinee performance you must do so in your original Ticket Request Form. CTC offers a limited number of lunch reservation spaces in both the Cargill and UnitedHealth Group Stages for schools that come from a great distance, schools combing a trip to CTC with the MIA, or for schools that will miss lunch while at CTC. The lunch space is located in our lobbies and allows for a picnic style lunch on the floor. CTC does not provide table and chairs or refrigeration for lunches. Garbage cans are provided.
There is a $25 fee per group to reserve/use the lunch space. Lunch Reservation fees are non-refundable and are used to defray the cost of supervision, clean-up, and trash removal.
Confirmation/Denial of Application
YES, there is lunch space availble!-You will receive a Lunch Space Reservation Confirmation via email within 2 weeks.
NO, all our spaces are full-You will be placed on a waiting list and receive an email confirmingyour corresponding date and ticket numbers.
Confirm/Cancel your Lunch Space Reservation
6 weeks prior to the date of your performance you must either confirm or cancel your Lunch Space Reservation along with your Ticket Order.
Non- Refundable Fee/Payment Process
To use the lunch space at CTC there is a $25.00 non-refundable fee. 4 weeks prior to the date of your performance payment for your Lunch Space Reservation must be included with your ticket Order.
Day of Performance Details
If you have a confirmed lunch reservation here are five key facts you’ll need to know the day of the show:
NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED IN THE THEATRE
If you reserve lunch space the day of the show but decide to use the courtyard or go somewhere else to eat please let the Student Matinee Coordinator know the day of the show when you check-in your school. Please know your lunch space is non-refundable.
If you no longer need your lunch space please contact our Student Matinee Coordinator so we can offer the space to other groups on the waiting list.
- Please bring your lunches directly to the Target Lobby (UnitedHealth Group Stage) or Cargill Lobby (Cargill Stage)
- You can use the lunch space immediately following your performance for 45 consecutive minutes.
- When you are finished with your lunches please use the Student Matinee trash receptacles provided by the theatre located in the center of the lobby.
- If you are taking a tour of the MIA following a CTC performance you must clean up and properly dispose of all trash before proceeding to your tour.
- Please be sure to bring a lunch that is peanut free!
% of F/RL Student Population Discounted Amount*
30-55% $2.00 off per ticket
56-79% $3.00 off per ticket
80-100% $4.00 off per ticket
*Subsidized amount determined by regular Student Matinee prices.
Eligibilty and Application
- Eligibility will be determined using classroom percentages of students enrolled in free and reduced lunch programs
- Application must be submitted in your original Ticket Request Form.
- A Student Matinee Reservation Confirmation and Invoice will be sent for all ticket reservations. Approved subsidy ticket prices will be reflected on the invoice.
- Denied subsidy applications will receive an email to confirm they are below the minimum requirements of 30%
- Schools whose student population consists of 50% or more of the student population being eligible for free or reduced price school meals (F/RL) (Up to $200/trip). OR
- Schools located 75 miles or more from the theatre (Up to $300/trip).
Eligibilty and Application
- Schools must fall into one of the two following categories to apply for funding
- Application must be submitted in your original Ticket Request Form
Grants will be given on a first-application-received basis until funds are gone (book by May 1st to receive the Early Bird discount and ensure your Transportation Subsidy funds for the following year. On average all funds have been granted by August or September each year)
- Approved applications will receive a Transportation Subsidy Approved Confirmation e-mail after June 1st that includes the Transportation Reimbursement Procedure (Please see the Transportation Reimbursement Procedure and Form tab for more information)
- Denied subsidy applications will receive an email to confirm one of following:
- Below minimum requirements- funds denied
- Multiple Subsidy Requests- one per teacher per year
- All funds have been granted- waiting list confirmation
To receive Transportation Reimbursement for attendance to a Children's Theatre Company 2014-2015 Student Matinee you must have applied for and received a 2014-2015 Transportation Subsidy Confirmation. (Approved applications will have received a confirmation via e-mail.)
What materials do I need to submit in order to receive my Transportation Subsidy Reimbursement?
After the field trip has occurred the group will need to submit the following TWO materials within 30 days of the date of attendance.
- Complete the following Reimbursement Request Form below. Include the information exactly as it appears on your Student Matinee Reservation Confirmation to ensure accurate processing.
- Submit Proof of Payment from the bus company for the field trip to Children's Theatre Company.
Reimbursement will be made within 30 days of receiving all required materials.
If paperwork is not received within 30 days you forfeit your right to the funds and they will be granted to another group.
CLICK HERE for the Transportation Reimbursement Form
Questions? Contact our Student Matinee Coordinator at 612.872.5166