We have always loved CTC. It is one of our older daughter's favorite experiences. But when our son was diagnosed with autism, we were intimidated by the thought of attending the theater. Providing a safe theater experience would help families enjoy shows. Also – just knowing we are welcomed is HUGE!Mom, Autism Society of Minnesota
CTC is committed to increasing access and inclusion for our community’s children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Quiet Room” and “Take a Break Space”
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please call 612.874.0400.
- Click here for Sensory Guidence.
- Social Story -Click Here for shows on the UHG Stage; Click Here for shows on the Cargill Stage
- Video Tour to prepare for your visit to Children’s Theatre Company - For UHG Stage Click Here; For Cargill Stage Click Here
- ‘Meet Your Seat’ opportunities are provided to reduce stress and support successful priming for the actual event. To schedule a Meet Your Seat visit prior to your scheduled performance date, email email@example.com.
Sensory Friendly Performances
CTC's line-up of Sensory Friendly shows begins with the performances listed below.
2016 - 2017 Season
Elephant and Piggie's We Are in a Play: Friday, October 21 at 7PM BUY TICKETS
Cinderella: Friday, January 6 at 7PM BUY TICKETS
Dr. Seuss' The Sneetches: Friday, March 24 at 7PM BUY TICKETS
A Year with Frog and Toad: Friday, June 16 at 7PM BUY TICKETS
Contact Deb Girdwood at: 612.872.5188 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To coordinate discounts for organizations or groups of 10 or more, contact Kaley Brown at: 612.872.5319 or email@example.com (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
CTC thanks the Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) for their valuable Sensory Friendly guidance, training, and partnership.
This program made possible with support from: