Directed by Peter Rothstein
Musical Direction by Victor Zupanc
Choreography by Kelli Foster Warder
It’s a goose-bump-inducing, gorgeous production that fills the stage and the hearts of everyone who watches it. Times are tough, spirits are low, and the world is in dire need of hope. Enter, stage left: a delightful underdog — a cute, yet mischievously feisty little girl. She takes on the world and, with an equal share of moxie and music, unlocks hearts and changes lives through kindness, love, and spirit.
- Saturday, August 10th from 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Sunday, August 11th from 10:00AM-5:00PM
*Please Note: these details may be subject to change prior to sign-up, please lookback at these details periodically
- CTC's Annie artistic team will be auditioning for all student actor roles in Annie. Youth ages 10-18 Interested in auditioning for Annie will do all of the following:
o Upon sign-up will be placed in a group of 10-15 students
o Students will be given a song to sing in their group and will have time to sing individually with our Music Director, Victor Zupanc.
o Following singing, students will participate in an exercise of improv with our Director of Annie, Peter Rothstein.
- Callbacks will take place on Monday, August 12th from 3-8PM and Wednesday, August 14th 3-8PM.Please be prepared for these dates in the case you are invited to one of these callbacks.Notice of Callback will go out the night of August 11th.
- Sign-up link for Annie Auditions will go up on Friday, July 26th.
o You will sign-up through a Airtable link that will bring you to an information form.
o Once you have sign-up, you will receive an email prior to your audition about reminder details on what to expect.
o Please take a moment and fill out our Auditions Form, Conflicts Form (run dates of Annie below), and Photo/Video Waiver Form all on the right side of this page highlighted in blue. PLEASE NOTE. Do not submit forms online and please bring to the audition directly. If you have any issues printing, then please email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, August 7th at 5:00PM.
- Both August 10th and 11th will take place at CTC in our Rehearsal Hall 3M space on the 4th Floor, near the South side of the building along Third Avenue.
- CTC is located at 2400 Third Avenue S in Minneapolis, and is connected to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (Mia). Those who audition should enter through the Stage Door entrance.
ANNIE RUN DATES
- First Rehearsal: March 17, 2020
- Opening: April 24, 2020
- Closing: June 21, 2020
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS…
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Annie Auditions”
Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds Auditions
Directed by Sha Cage
Musical Direction by Sanford Moore
Ziggy’s afraid to leave the house. He’s too busy worrying about tropical storms, evil spirits, and a sneaky, freaky, hair-grabbing Duppy! But, with the help of some feathered friends, Ziggy learns “every little thing is gonna be alright.” A musical that jams Jamaican style, it’s a timeless tale of peace and love, and of course, Bob Marley, man.
Things to Know About the Show
- This is a musical featuring the music of Bob Marley, performed by a small group of actor/dancer/singers.
- This show is based on the book Three Little Birds written by Bob Marley’s daughter, Cedella Marley.
- Jamaican dialect and phrases are used. Characters use phrases and count in multiple languages including Spanish, Swahili, Chinese, and Hindi!
Children’s Theatre Company is looking for actors of color for this audition call. See below for more details:
- 16-32 bars of a song
- 1-minute monologue (comedic monologue preferred, but not required)
ROLES (African/ African American)
- (Youth role) Ziggy – a timid boy with long dreadlocks – 11 (played by a youth 11-18 years)
- (Adult Role) Duppy - an evil spirit bird with a head full of human hair taken from children, 30’s
- (Also: Villager #1/Great Grandfather Spanish Bird)
- (Adult Role) Cedella – Ziggy’s Mother, 40’s (Also Montego, a bird/Spanish Bird#1/Great Aunt African Bird)
- (Adult Role) Tacoomah – a bird (plays – Villager #2/Great Grandmother British Bird/Cousin Chinese Bird
ROLES (Actors of Colors)
- (Youth Role) Nansi – a trickster girl – 11 (Also: Spanish Bird#2/British Colonizer Bird, Sister Indian Bird)
- (Adult Role) Doctor Bird – a lucky bird, Ziggy’s pet and best friend, 20’s
- Adult Call | Date & Time TBD
- Youth Call | Date & Time TBD
Adult/Youth Callbacks (with 7 min slots)
Date & Time TBD
- First Rehearsal: December 17th, 2019
Opening: January 24th, 2020
Closing: March 1st, 2020
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TLB Auditions”